We are getting a lot of interest about WordPress at the moment so we have decided to share a bit of WordPress insight to our readers.
Are you a new WordPress user looking to have your site seen? Do you want to build a presence on the Internet that is marked by a steady flow of traffic to your website? Below are 10 tips to keep in mind when setting up and maintaining your WordPress website.
1. Make sure your XHTML is valid – Overall you’ll want to make sure that your website meets all of the requirements of the World Wide Web Consortium. This will help to ensure that your website is professional, viewable on various web browsers, and will boost your listings on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and other search engines.
2. Use web analytic services – These analytic services are a must have for any serious WordPress user. With these services you’ll be able to have software that provides you with realtime measureable stats that count the amount of visitors to your site on a realtime basis. There are plenty of web analytic services to use; think Google. (Are you surprised?)
3. Use images and SEO them – Using images on your blog is a great way to add interest and keep readers coming back. However, an image is useless if you don’t use proper image titles and image descriptions that contain keywords. Be sure that the images you use are of high quality.
4. Improve and advance your web design skills – To improve upon your WordPress design and overall design of other web pages you may own, it may be beneficial to attend one of the many online web design schools. Reading tutorials and e-books may also prove to be highly beneficial.
5. Interlink your keywords – Building more visibility involves linking internally and externally. If you want to see your page rank skyrocket, link to other high quality articles within your blog posts. Link to these posts using relevant and popular keywords.
6. Make use of the WordPress plugins (but don’t go overboard) – There is a variety of plugins for you to use; the most useful being those for SEO and social media purposes and remember to keep your page simple but advanced.
7. Optimise your links – Optimising is a must if you want your WordPress to gain popularity. This means using permalinks, an option that you must turn on in your WordPress settings, allowing search engines to recognise the information on your website.
8. Reach out to your readers – Social media marketing is a must-have in today’s online world if you’re seeking true success. This means using and maintaining outside social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, iPatter and other popular sites that will help you gain more visibility from more users. Social networking is the way of the world so get your WordPress site involved.
Reaching out also involves writing about topics that readers want to read about. Pick controversial and recent topics that will draw plenty of interest.
9. Keep an eye on your “Updated Services” list – In your WordPress settings you’ll notice an “Updated Services” option, which lets you choose the services you want to use. This is a great way to keep your current flow of visitors coming back to your website.
10. Recycle, revive, and republish – It never hurts to revisit your past blog posts. If you have one that is again relevant or one that you’d like to bring back to the surface, don’t be afraid to reuse old posts. Update them as much as possible. Popular past posts will usually become popular again!
To get the maximum benefits out of your WordPress, try to implement most if not all of the above tips. Combined with other online marketing methods such as social media marketing, your WordPress is sure to gain popularity which means more visibility in search engine listings.
Thanks Kate Jae for this blog.